Program Director – Immigration and Refugee Services
The Immigration and Refugee Program Director will be responsible for the oversight and supervision of all aspects of the IRD program in its Los Angeles and Glendale offices. The Program Director will promote service delivery and continuous quality improvement that is aligned with the Catholic Charities’ mission of providing services to the poor and vulnerable and advocating for social justice. The IRD Program Director reports to the Director of Intra-Agency Programs.
- Plans, organizes and oversees IRD programs. Supervises Assistant Program Director, program managers and immigration legal staff.
- Ensures compliance with contract provisions, government regulations and ethical rules.
- Prepares grant proposals and quarterly reports for submission to foundations and state and federal agencies.
- Drafts program budget, monitors funding compliance and evaluates fiscal performance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partner organizations and pro bono attorneys.
- Prepares IRD for significant changes in immigration law and their impact on program development and client services.
- Develops and executes IRD’s fundraising strategies.
- Represents Catholic Charities at community meetings and events.
- Participates in legislative advocacy at local, state and national levels.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree or J.D. strongly
- Minimum of seven years experience in the nonprofit sector and four years managing a diverse workforce providing immigration legal services and refugee resettlement.
- Successful track record of government contract management.
- Experience fundraising in the private and foundation sector.
- Spanish highly Preferred
About the Company:
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is a 501 © (3) non-profit public benefit corporation that serves people without regard to race, sex, age, or religion. The Immigration and Refugee Department (IRD) of Catholic Charities is a Board of Immigration Appeals recognized agency that has served thousands of immigrants and refugees over many decades. IRD provides immigration and refugee services, including refugee resettlement and legal applications for naturalization, deferred action for childhood arrivals, religious workers visas, and family-based immigration petitions.