Making a Social Impact by Preparing Young Adults for Today’s Job Market
At MTC, caring about others, giving back, and making a social impact are the foundation of all we do. Since 1981, MTC has helped disadvantaged populations rise above their challenges to earn academic and technical training credentials and live meaningful, productive lives. MTC’s core business in Corrections, Education & training, MTC Medical, and Economic & Social Development is helping others to succeed in life and prosper in their communities. MTC currently operates 67 contracts in 21 states, the District of Columbia, and internationally—with a mission to help improve people’s lives.
Benefits: MTC offers an excellent benefits package: three weeks paid vacation, two weeks paid sick leave and eleven paid holidays for full time employees and pro-rated for part time employees who work at least 20 hours per week; Fidelity 401K Plan with fully vested company match; medical and dental insurance (MTC pays approximately 75% of the premium for employees and dependents); company paid life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance and an employee assistance program for employees and their immediate family. Employees can elect to purchase short-term disability, dependent life and additional employee life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance.
Essential Functions: Full Time Cook (Tuesday - Saturday 10:30 am to 7:00 pm)
This position is responsible for the preparation of all center meals in accordance with pre-planned menus. Among other duties, this position will:
1. Prepare and cook quantity of food required according to menu and number of students.
2. Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition. Ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
3. Prepare food as directed for special center functions, visitors and off-center assignments.
4. Assist in cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
5. Supervise students assigned to assist in the cafeteria.
6. Monitor and maintain stockroom commodities and recommend replenishment of items
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and one year food service training or experience required. Valid Utah driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Requisition Number: 10425BR
Equal Opportunity Statement: Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
About this company