STORM WATER MAINTENANCE WORKER I
January 2011 (Salary range $13.78 to 19.86 per hour)
General Purpose Performs A variety of apprentice level skilled duties related to the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of the City storm water utility service system. Primary function is to operate the street sweeper for the cleaning of city streets.
Supervision Received Works under the direction of the Storm Water Maintenance Superitendent
Employment Status The employee filling this position is a non-exempt position and is ‘at-will’
Essential Job Functions
1. Assist in storm drain line maintenance and repairs.
2. Operate the street sweeper and leaf collector for cleaning streets throughout the City.
3. Asset Management data collection and computer entry.
4. Assist in storm water flow control.
5. Maintenance and repair of sprinkler system.
6. Maintains records and submits reports on work performed as required.
7. Street sign installation and replacement; trim trees around signs for visibility.
8. Street maintenance and repair. 9. Sidewalk repair.
10. Operates heavy equipment, including backhoe, loader, six-wheel and ten-wheel transport trucks and snow plows.
11. Participates in work site safety procedures to assure work zone safety.
12. Assist in supervising community service workers from the jail.
13. Other duties as assigned, including snow removal.
Education, Experience and Training
Must have graduated from high school or equivalent G.E.D. certificate; preferred two (2) years experience in construction, maintenance or repair of storm water systems, or an equivalent of education and experience. The ability to read and interpret storm drain line maps, preferred. Knowledge of basic computer. Knowledge of safe operating procedures used in and around equipment. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must possess a valid Utah driver’s license. Must have or be able to possess, within six (6) months, a C.D.L. license. Must be able to lift 75 pounds. Must be willing to work on-call duty and 24-hour standby. Must be able to document work hours as well as parts and materials on work orders.
The work environment for this position is out of doors in all weather conditions. Will be required to be involved in snow removal during the winter months. This position would be exposed to occasional high noise levels. This position performs physically demanding work that would require bending, stooping, climbing and walking. This position would be required to follow safety procedures carefully.