Full Time & Part Time Available!!!
Waterfall Canyon Academy is a community based Residential Treatment program that offers a continuum of care and services to adolescents and young adults with cognitive, social, emotional, and behavioral struggles. We are dedicated to supporting our adolescents and young adults while they acquire skills that lead to living happy, healthy and productive lives. Waterfall Canyon Academy's primary focus is to build confidence, improve academic performance, develop positive social skills and encourage each student to self-advocate.
Youth Worker Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and follow program expectations
- Provide supervision and advocacy with positive interaction and guidance
- Assist with teaching intensive social skills and daily living skills
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Attend weekly staff meetings and all other required company trainings
- Participate in community outings and/or recreation therapy
- Must be able to drive company vehicle(s) for the purpose of transporting students if needed
- Ability to provide crisis intervention, de-escalation, conflict resolution, and behavior monitoring (after training has been provided)
- Document student's progress, interaction, and any concerning behavior per protocol
- Assist in maintaining organization and cleanliness of program
- Manage time efficiently
- Complete delegated tasks with little supervision
- Ability to stand for long periods of time if necessary
- Must be physically able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Perform other related job tasks as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass Criminal Background Check
- Food Handler's Permit (within the first 10 days of hire)
- CPR and First Aid Certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Must be able to attend a 2-day intervention training and all other required trainings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical and Dental Benefits (optional if hired Full -Time)
- Rewarding Career!
Apply online at www.waterfallcanyon.com
Location/Region: Ogden, UT (84403)