Vulcan Industries has been providing merchandising display solutions for over 70 years. We take pride in our diverse customer base which includes some of the world’s best known retailers and brand marketers. With domestic and off-shore manufacturing, as well as sales offices in key markets across the country, we offer global solutions in today’s global economy.
Under direct supervision, sets up, operates or tends machines and has fundamental knowledge of concepts. Years of Experience: 0-3 years
Operates a variety of machines that cut, form, bend, shape, or spot weld fabricated metal parts per production work orders and product specification sheets. Performs visual quality inspection of parts. Operates controls to engage machine and removes finished product for stacking on pallets or into containers. Monitors employee number, work order number, suffix, part number, department, clock number and scrap amount. Maintains housekeeping in work areas.
Essential Job Functions: Operating production machinery Reading work orders & specifications Monitoring machinery Inspection of finished product Using computer terminal Maintaining housekeeping in work area Reporting to work regularly and on time. Skills
- At least 3 months recent work history at Vulcan Industries.
- Perform 4 basic math operations with all units of measure.
- Ability to read work order specification sheets.
- Ability to write simple sentences, series of numbers, names, and addresses.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Plant equipment & machinery, scales, tape measure, control gauges, computer keyboard.
- Inside, non-climate controlled environment, variable work days and hours. Some noise and vibration. Overtime will be required.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Prolonged standing (8 – 10 hrs)
- Climb and balance.
- Kneeling, crouching, stooping
Performance Standards Required
- Product run to specifications, efficiency and quality standards consistent with company work and safety requirements.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Birmingham Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Inspector, Machinist, Industrial, Manufacturing, Quality Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Moody, AL