We are continually searching for PR and Media Relations Coordinator candidates who crave meaningful, creative work and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Our mission goes beyond simply securing placements for our exclusive franchisor client base.
The Fishman PR staff makes a real difference every day.
The specialized PR we execute leads entrepreneurs to open their own businesses and helps them to succeed.
Our internal staff newsletter regularly features success stories of the positive impact our team’s PR work has on people’s lives and, ultimately, the economy.
In addition to this gratifying work, our team enjoys an upbeat, fun culture.
Sure, we work hard and do important work at a fast pace to exceed our clients expectations every day.
But we also believe that a fun, positive environment contributes to productivity and results.
Each year, two of our staff members receive a stipend to serve as social co-chair to help bring fun into the office in the way of regular staff outings, happy hours, unexpected treats, competitive games and other bonding activities.
With our main office in suburban Northbrook, we also opened a satellite office in the River North neighborhood downtown to accommodate our city-dwelling staff.
It's our goal to proactively expand our team with "media hound" candidates who can effectively pitch traditional print, online and broadcast media, as well as bloggers and social influencers.
The ideal candidate will also be a strong writer and be creative to come up with “create the news” ideas for clients to break through the clutter.
An average day includes researching and pitching traditional media and social influencers, writing pitches, press releases, team brainstorming, completing activity reports and helping with client presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Must be an effective, confident communicator – willing to speak up at meetings (client or internal team meetings), ability to hold their own in conversations with all kinds of media
* Must possess extremely proficient writing skills and have a firm grasp of AP style
* Must consume the media on a daily basis and be up-to-speed on current events
* Must understand various social media channels and how they are utilized for PR
* Must be able to differentiate needs of print/broadcast/online media (bloggers, journalists & reviewers) and know how to approach them accordingly
* Must have the willingness and ability to think beyond traditional PR tactics and strategies to design/execute innovative approaches
* Must work well in a team environment
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
* Some agency setting related experience and/or training preferred
**Please note that sending a Cover Letter along with your Resume is preferred.
About Fishman PR When you join the Fishman PR team, you're not just working at another PR firm - you're becoming a part of the nation's powerful franchising industry.
Because of our 25 year-history representing hundreds of restaurant, retail, fitness & wellness and home services franchise brands, we are highly regarded as THE industry experts in franchise PR and content marketing.
Our roster includes some of North America's largest, well-established franchised brands, as well as emerging brands and those in the mid-market range.
As competition in the franchise space increases, demand for our services will never wane.
Fishman PR is the exclusive franchise PR agency partner of Worldcom Public Relations Group, a partnership of global PR firms with 110 international agency partners operating in over 95 cities on 6 continents.
To become and remain a partner, Worldcom requires partners to achieve excellence and best practices by meeting stringent criteria.
Partners undergo mandatory peer reviews that score client service delivery, innovation, work culture and profitability.
Please share cover letter and resume via email.
Location/Region: Northbrook, IL (US - 60062)