The Machinist will have responsibility for the setup and operation of miscellaneous computerized numerical control (CNC) and/or manual machines. This includes lathe, mill and EDM experience. The Machinist will also ensure that machines are properly tooled and may be required to make recommendations to modify programs as appropriate.
1. Set-up and operation of CNC Lathe, Mill or ESM. Other machining experience beneficial to include such things as drills, grinders, hone, lap, deburr, etc.
2. Machine and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications.
3. Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
4. Participate in establishing manufacturing methods, including machine, test, material and tooling requirements, to ensure parts are machined according to engineering tolerances/specifications.
5. Perform inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are machined in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
6. Provide input and recommendations for selecting, installing, and adjusting CNC and manual machine cutting tools to ensure they are consistent with type and size of material being machined.
7. Remove burrs, sharp edges, tool marks and other irregularities from machined parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering blueprints, and tolerance requirements.
8. Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
9. Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
10. Perform routine maintenance of machines and equipment operated.
11. Clean, organize and maintain cellular manufacturing work area in accordance with established standards.
12. Ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the Cell.
13. Adhere to all safety standards and regulations.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status is required. Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and protected veteran status.