Environmental Manager, Nevada (Reno or Elko)
Job Description Summary
The Environmental Manager will oversee efforts in providing environmental services to various clients in Nevada through an application of his/her technical skills, serving as a project and client manager, and leading business development efforts. In addition, this position will be responsible for project management including a scope of work preparation, planning, coordinating and maintaining schedules, budgets, and staffing plans. This position requires superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with senior managers, project and administrative staff, regulatory agency personnel, and current and prospective clients.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in geology, hydrogeology, biology, environmental engineering, or related field is required.
Experience Requirement: A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required (consulting business is preferred) with an emphasis on conducting environmental-related projects at mine sites in Nevada. Extensive knowledge and experience with state and federal regulatory requirements along with general permit requirements pertaining to oil and gas, mining, and industrial development projects is expected. Minimum of five years of staff supervisory experience also required. The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills along with a proven ability to build positive relationships with clients and colleagues. The candidate should also be comfortable with leading marketing efforts, including various business development initiatives.
Software: Position requires an applicant to have the working knowledge of Microsoft Office© software.
Required Travel: Applicant must be willing and able to conduct limited-duration travel (typically less than one week) to project sites located in Nevada and across the United States.
Job Location: Elko or Reno, Nevada
Physical Demands: Position requires sitting for long periods of time, extended hours working on a computer, and lifting up to 30 pounds. Field assignments may be located in areas that experience a variety of climatic conditions, ranging from very cold to very warm.
- Manage environmental services in Nevada and assist in building a project team to complete high-quality work for a variety of clients.
- Lead business development efforts (internally and externally) to expand our service lines and client base in Nevada.
- Manage staff and perform operations management duties, as assigned.
- Manage projects, including preparing scopes of work and health and safety plans as well as coordinating workload with other offices, scheduling work tasks, budgeting, and staffing.
- Complete project work in a manner that results in on-time completion of high-quality technical work products that meet clients’ expectations.
Location/Region: Ogden, UT (US - 84405)