Utah Transit Authority is hiring friendly and motivated Full-Time Bus Operators to work in the Salt Lake City, UT area.
Successful completion of UTA’s Bus Operator Training/Certification Program, including passing all required exams.
- One year in a customer service role with ability to solve problems and resolve customer inquiries.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A safe driver with a valid driver’s license and no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or any drugs within the past 10 years.
- Familiar with the Wasatch Front.
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
- Pass the written Class “B” CDL test, with Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement tests prior to the start of the paid-training program
- Communicate with supervisors and customers and maintain good interpersonal relations, both orally and over the radio
- Read and understand training materials, operating manuals and operating and safety rules directives
- Prepare legible written reports of incidents and accidents
- Operate any and all passenger buses safely
- Report for assigned shift on time
- Meet schedule demands, scheduled shifts, and scheduled departures
- Perform the physical requirements of the job to include regular walking, floor to waist lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally/carrying up to 15 lbs occasionally, reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, crouching, balancing, bending, and prolonged periods of sitting and standing
OR- an equivalent combination or relevant education and experience.
*This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
Pay Rate $16.00/hr training for five weeks. $16.44/hr after training with guaranteed pay increases every six months for the next five years up to $23.69/hr.
Shift Variable shifts across a 5-day work week Benefits Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans. Retirement and Pension plans. Free transit passes, tuition reimbursement, and a free onsite medical clinic.
Apply on our website at: www.rideuta.com
For additional questions, please call Human Resources at 801-287-2324 To learn more and connect with UTA, please follow us.
Open until filled
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (84104)