Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Support Technician
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is seeking a qualified candidate to work as a Land Mobile Radio
(LMR) Support Technician to provide support services to include electronic maintenance for
non-tactical vehicles, special purpose vehicles, communications including LMR and other
electronics, and provide sustainment maintenance on non-tactical end items, non-tactical
communications, repeaters, and repeater relay stations. They will use equipment such as
frequency meters, standing wave indicators, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and signal generators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide electronic support services to include electronics maintenance for non-tactical
- vehicles, special purpose vehicles, communications including Land Mobile Radios
- (LMR) and other electronics, and provides sustainment maintenance on non-tactical end
- items, non-tactical communications, repeaters, repeater relay stations.
- Use all types of test equipment, such as frequency meters, standing wave indicators, ohmmeters, Voltmeters, and signal generators to localize trouble.
- Adjust and calibrate testing instruments. Use hand and power tools, and shop test equipment common to the trades.
- Assist in the management of the frequency spectrum within the area of responsibility
- Responsible for activities concerning scheduling, de-confliction, and the resolution of possible frequency conflicts
- Immediately responds to emergency calls to return off-line LMR systems to an on-line status during regular duty hours.
- Maintain calibration on specialized tool programs. Monitor and maintain the narrow band radio system base stations and monitor radio frequencies daily to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Keep the Radio bay and office areas clean and orderly at all times to maintain efficiency and appearance.
- Work with the NEC Radio Spectrum Manager to collect information about radio spectrum usages for filing with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and/or
- Department of the Army.
- Install/De-install, and configure mobile, base station/consoles, repeater, and air-to-ground radios in vehicles and various facilities throughout the installation as requested
- Maintain reports and records of radio systems equipment, locations, maintenance, and
- inspections weekly. Make material requisitions for shop stock and materials for upkeep of radio components. Maintain inventory of repair parts and usage for accountability purposes.
- Work with Test Officers to collect operation spectrum requirements, assign local spectrum assignments, and generate and submit forms to request spectrums not already approved for use
- Perform installation, maintenance, repairs, tune-ups, programming, troubleshooting and diagnostics on vehicle radios, Repeaters/duplexers/antennas, portable/handheld, mobile, repeaters, base stations, cell boosters and air-to ground radios, switches, servers and all other associated Motorola 7.11 Trunked LMR systems as requested.
- Maintain equipment accountability throughout replacement/re-issue process by ensuring that the equipment logs are properly filled out and submitted.
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess at least one of the following IAT-II certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GIC SP, G SEC, Security + CE, SSCP
- Tower Climbing Certification.
- CompTIA Security + certification.
- Motorola 7.11 or newer certification which includes:
- IV & D Secure KMF training
- APX Subscriber Academy
- GTR 8000 Site Sub System
- Network Resources (Routers)
- Network Switches
- One year experience in vehicle communications equipment installations, both
- commercial and emergency vehicles.
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (84101)