Wildland Firefighter's Needed
Ogden, UT based company looking for Wildland Firefighters for the upcoming 2019 season. POINT OF HIRE IS OGDEN, UTAH 84401. This position is on-call only. No guarantee of work is given due to the nature of wildfires. Company will provide unpaid training to new hires for Basic Wildland Firefighter (FFT2) certification if needed. Company will provide RT-130 training for experienced new hires if needed.
We will be looking to fill the following positions for 2019:
MINIMUM AGE 18
- Single Resource Boss - Engine
- Advanced Firefighter*
- Basic Firefighter*
- CDL Drivers. Tanker endorsement preferred but not needed
Employees will be paid on a daily rate. Basic Firefighter starting pay is $200/day. Pay increases with qualifications and experience.
Employees must meet the following criteria to be considered for fire assignments:
- Company has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. No exceptions will be made.
- Employee must have current drivers license and possess a clean driving record.
- Employee will need to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Employee must be able to pass a drug screening.
- Employee must be able to pass a Work Capacity Test. This test consists of a 3 mile walk, carrying 45 pounds, completed in 45 minutes or less.
- Employee must be able to work long shifts while on a fire assignment. 16 hour shifts are common. 24 hour shifts can be implemented in extreme fire situations.
- Employee must be able to work upwards of 14 days straight. This can be extended to 21 days in extreme fire situations.
- Employee must be able to handle sleeping outside. Temperatures can fluctuate from extreme heat during the day to freezing at night.
- Employee must be able to show great teamwork skills and attention to detail. Must be able to show critical thinking skills.
- Employee must provide own personal gear such as sleeping gear, clothing and personal hygiene products. PPE will be provided by the company.
If you have any questions please contact us:
Un-paid Training provided. This is an on-call position. Starting pay $200.00 daily. Age 18 & up. To apply now send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org call us at 801-309-4516
Location/Region: Roy, UT (84067)