At Luxor, we create an innovative and forward thinking culture that our employees love, and our products reflect this. As a manufacturer of innovative workspace product solutions that are sold to the commercial, educational, industrial and other end markets, we are constantly developing functional products that are value priced. Under our Stand Up Desk Store brand, we create workspace furniture solutions that nurture a healthy and collaborative work environment.
The Warehouse Inbound Supervisor is a key Luxor warehouse position responsible for leading a fast growing receiving & production facility and teams in their daily departmental activities to meet departmental and warehouse objectives. The Inbound Supervisor oversees the receipt of all inbound inventory and returned product, maintains raw material inventory, oversees and manages production/assembly requirements. The Inbound Supervisor is also responsible for the training of team members and ensuring Quality throughout the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND Responsibilities:
- Oversees inbound Receiving activities to include the accurate and complete receipt of goods and returned product, quality inspections, put away, and completed documentation to include management of department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversees Production activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and quality of production assemblies; completes all documentation to include management of department KPIs
- Coordinates with Purchasing all inbound shipments and productions. Ensures all proper documentation for receipts and productions are completed and logged in a timely manner.
- Coordinates resources with Outbound Supervisor and Warehouse Manager to meet operational goals
- Performs necessary inventory transactions needed in warehouse and leads cycle counting activities for raw materials and finished goods
- Fully trained on all warehouse machinery
- Works to improve best practices and procedures involving receiving, safety, packing, special labeling, productivity follow up, and employee training
- Sets departmental KPI’s and provides feedback to employees on daily performance goals
- Responsible for department cleaning, organization and equipment maintenance
- Follow and enforce safety standards, cross train new and existing employees on new or updated procedures
- Monitor warehouse supply levels
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Overtime required when necessary to meet warehouse operational goals
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interaction with other departments such as Accounting, Customer Service, Purchasing, Quality and Sales for clarification on any product issues, returns and other receipt processing
- Involvement with Continuous Improvement/LEAN initiatives and activities for projects focused on the warehouse and throughout the company
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working in a Continuous Improvement/LEAN environment preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Work History Requirements:
- 1-3 years warehouse experience in a leadership role
- Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED Required
Computer equipment and level of software requirements:
- Experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with ERP and WMS systems preferred
- Data entry experience
Specific Knowledge, licenses, certifications REQUIRED:
- Forklift safety certification.
PHYSICAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
60% sitting and 40% standing
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Gurnee, IL