Associate Attorneys – Civil Defense Litigation
Downs♦Stanford, P.C. has openings for multiple Associate Attorneys in our downtown Dallas office with a minimum of 3-5 years of civil defense litigation experience. Associates will be expected to immediately begin managing multiple cases with varying levels of complexity. Professional, organized, and hard-working describe a successful candidate. Downs♦Stanford, P.C. is proud that many of our attorneys and team members have been with the firm for over 10 years, and we are looking for new associates to join our team.
Candidates should submit a recent writing sample with their resume.
- Case assessment for liability, loss and damages
- Manage client reporting, billing, budgeting and case management requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and business development skills
- Drafting and responding to discovery
- Conducting depositions
- Exceptional research, writing and briefing skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local rules
- Meet or exceed monthly billable hour goals
- Occasional travel required
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment, honesty and integrity in all aspects
- Licensed to practice in the State of Texas
- Minimum of 3-5 years of civil defense litigation experience
- Able to work with a team in a collaborative environment or independently
- Critical thinking that displays initiative and adaptability
- Self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, efficient, hard-working
- Strong communication, writing and presentations skills
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office 2010-2016, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Corvel WordPerfect
- Knowledgeable of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers, pdf compatible software, and related productivity applications
- Experienced with Sage Timeslips and LexisNexis Time Matters, or similar billing and calendaring software
- Competitive salary and ample bonus potential
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and sick/personal days based on tenure
- Minimum of 8 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan
- Firm located adjacent to St. Paul Station on the DART rail line in downtown Dallas
- Casual working environment
Visit our website at www.downsstanford.com
Downs♦Stanford, P.C. handles a wide variety of civil legal matters, including the defense of catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases, the defense of workers’ compensation claims, insurance coverage matters, business and commercial litigation, business entity formation, commercial transactions, family law, probate and estate planning, appellate law and subrogation. The firm is able to provide these services on a statewide level.
We offer a single contact point for all our clients’ needs throughout a case—from administrative details all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, if necessary. Whether you are a layman in need of a highly regarded legal expert, or a fellow attorney in search of qualified civil litigation counsel, Downs♦Stanford, P.C. has the level of knowledge and commitment you demand in a legal partner.
Established in 1989, our firm's top priority is protecting the interests of our clients. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships by being attentive counselors—listening and responding to our clients' needs and explaining their options in terms they can understand. We also strive to protect the financial interests of our clients by charging fair, reasonable fees.
Downs♦Stanford, P.C. is recognized by Primerus—a nationwide alliance of law firms that meet the highest quality and ethical standards. This honor is based on the firm's credentials, as well as ratings by our clients, other attorneys, and judges. The firm also received the highest rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell, the nation's leading rating group for lawyers. In addition, Downs♦Stanford, P.C. is recommended by Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters.
Location/Region: Dallas, TX (75201)