• Recruits and maintains sub-contractor staff adequate to construct the Region’s homes in the timeframes allocated by the company.
• Follows company guidelines for on boarding new sub-contractors and ensures all necessary paperwork is in place and routed properly to ensure all vendors are fully documented before work commences.
• Bids and monitors all costs associated with the construction of the Region’s homes to ensure the company is receiving the best market price for labor and materials.
• Reviews PO pre-releases to ensure accuracy prior to jobstart.
• Consults and manages sub-contractors that are found to be producing results that are not up to the company’s standards regarding quality, timeliness, and safety.
• Analyzes division financials and variance report in an effort to ensure maximum profitability.
• Monitors Region’s compliance with OSHA safety standards and trains field personnel in same.
• Experienced negotiation capabilities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Local sub-contractor relationships to ensure maximum trade depth is available
• Aptitude to run and review reports and pin point areas of need that align with company initiatives
• Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing purchasing software with a knowledge basis on electronic purchase orders
• Minimum of 2 years prior management experience
• Bachelors degree preferred
Location/Region: Houston, TX