LocationCO16 - Colorado, Golden
Position ScheduleFull Time
Bristol Site Contractors, LLC is seeking a General Superintendent in Golden, CO. The Superintendent coordinates all day to day site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
1. Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
2. Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
3. Builds & maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
4. Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout construction.
5. Reads & understands the project plans, & specifications.
6. Acts as technical professional for the estimating team.
7. Leads the project team in planning and execution of project work plans and other project submittals and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
8. Maintains positive relationships with customers, sub-contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
9. Promotes job site safety, encourage safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
10. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
11. Maintains an organized and clean job site, including the construction office. 12.Coordinates with designated Quality Control and Health and Safety
representatives to ensure Bristol and project standards are met.
13. Minimized company exposure and project performance risks.
14. Supervises subcontractor and vendor procurement, material buyout and logistics coordination, preparation of subcontract scoping documents and consent packages, and subcontractor selection following applicable FAR and project requirements as needed.
15. Prepares field reports, quantity tracking, applications for payment, and other project reporting documents as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree may be required, dependent on project requirements.
Ten years of recent experience as a Project Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Engineer/Scientist, or Quality Control for construction and/or Remediation projects. OSHA 30 certification required.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and effective listening skills.
• Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
• Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal clients.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
• Strong Excel and Word skills, familiarity with commercial scheduling software such as MSProject or Primavera P6.
• Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Experience supervising all aspects of construction projects for various types of clients and project delivery methods.
• Thorough knowledge of the estimating process.
• Experience with projects in ranging from $1MM to $30MM
• Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
• First Aide and CPR highly desired.
• Medium physical workload.
• Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Also required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
• Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
• The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions – proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions – fumes, odors, dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location/Region: Golden, CO