The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The Quality Control Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and implementing quality control systems.
- Management of the local Quality Control Department and organizing technicians performing quality control tasks
- Responsible for the development and training of Quality Control Technicians
- Responsible for and able to design asphalt/concrete mixes
- Ability to write project specific quality control plans, incorporating the owner’s requirements and specifications.
- Remain updated on new research or techniques that will result in a more durable and cost effective solution
- Assure company complies with specifications by any State, FAA, or other contracting agency or owner
- Have knowledge of and comply with all safety policies in field operations, plants and laboratory
- Additional responsibilities may include working with and assisting field personnel, working with State Inspectors, trouble-shooting mixes on job site and in the Lab, and any other duties necessary to achieve successful project completions
- Review, read, and interpret drawings, process procedures, procurement documents, and quality control reports
- Identify and report quality problems or trends in the assigned area or program
- Recommend corrective action to quality problems and operational procedures
- Aid project-wide system aduits and surveillance, including supplier or subcontractor audits or surveillance to approved audit checklists and procedures
- Knowledge of Surveying and estimating may be required for stockpile management.
- Be able to maintain, repair, verify and calibrate all HMA equipment and maintain calibration records
- Attend and participate in Contractor Organizations related to quality control
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- 3 years experience in quality concrete and precast concrete with a construction company
- Experience in tunneling a plus
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Strong skills and interest in Construction Engineering Materials required
- Hold required state certifications
- NETTCP HMA Paving Inspector, NETTCP HMA Plant Technician and NETTCP QA Technologist certifications are required depending on state mandates (outside state certifications will be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and energetic with the ability to multi-task in a team environment
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN