Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you flexible, inventive, and dedicated? Do you possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality?
Mortenson is currently seeking an Environmental Specialist. In this position, you will be responsible for implementing Mortenson’s environmental program for project sites, advise on environmental matters, and ensure environmental compliance of construction activities.
What will you be doing:
- Implement and administer the environmental program at each work site.
- Assist project management team in developing and executing site specific environmental plans and activities
- Participate in and contribute to project planning and environmental risk analysis
- Review environmental submittals and attend preconstruction and preparatory meetings with subcontractors
- Monitor and review trade partner work plans and activities for environmental concerns
- Assist with implementation of policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Attend, develop and lead environmental orientation and training programs
- Assist in the development of company-wide environmental management support programs
- Monitor implementation of environmental mitigation measures
- Conduct work site environmental inspections
- Record, monitor, and analyze environmental statistics
- Document and track all environmental violations, non-compliance conditions, etc.
- Conduct project’s leading and trailing indicator data/document collection and trend analyses
- Conduct or assist with incident analysis and response
- Collaborate with customers on regulatory (Federal, State, Provincial, and Local) reporting and documentation requirements
- Provide resource of environmental related information
- Evaluate and offer solutions for environmental risks
- Maintain operational knowledge of environmental issues in construction, US EPA, ASTM, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures
- Serve as resource for environmental issues or concerns for all project team members
- Attend and/or chair environmental meetings
- Communicate with various third parties including the customer’s environmental personnel, environmental consultants, regulatory representatives, insurance representatives, etc.
- Accompany environmental, health and safety, insurance and regulatory personnel on work site tours
- Ensure maintenance and inspection of environmental equipment
- Assist the Project Manager with the management of the environmental budget allocated for project
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned
How will you Succeed:
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office and pertinent environmental related software programs
- Deep understanding of Federal, State, Provincial and local laws, policies and procedures
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies to team members and outside parties including consultants ang governmental agencies
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Ability to travel up to 50%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, environmental management, environmental science, or related field of study
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Significant experience with two or more of the following areas: erosion prevention and sediment control, storm water pollution prevention plans, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, wetlands, endangered species
- Current driver’s license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
**Solicitations from Agencies are not accepted for this posting**
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN