Newsday's Consumer Marketing Department is looking for a Video Editor to join our team.
The Video Editor will be responsible for conceptualizing, editing and producing audio and video in a variety of different styles to be distributed via multiple channels, including Internet streaming, social media, radio and broadcast TV, to support the development and expansion of our websites and mobile platforms and to further Newsday’s circulation, advertising and marketing efforts and promotions.
Utilizing an in-house project management system, the Video Editor will need to manage multiple concurrent projects and communicate effectively with team members throughout the lifespan of each project.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Design eye-catching logo animations, transitions and motion graphics, seamlessly integrating with raw footage and/or still shots.
- Produce engaging video content in various styles (interview/documentary through energetic advertisements) with collaboration from the design team and copywriters.
- Optimize video for delivery across platforms and services, including online advertisements, social media and broadcast TV.
- Restrict final production to various time constraints for different platforms.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Experience (4-6 years) in graphic design, multimedia production, and video animation development is essential.
- Strong familiarity with the Adobe CC Suite of applications, including Premier, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder. Work with Cinema 4D is desirable but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while communicating effectively with design and management team.
- Able to optimize for multiple platforms.
- Ability to take a job from concept to completion.
- Have thorough knowledge of current trends in video on multiple platforms.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)