A career with Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is more than justa job; it is the pathway to a bright future!
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), atechnologically advanced electronics company employing more than3,500 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.We build things that solve challenging problems in commercial,defense, and security markets, from deep space to the depths of theocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security,medical, and industrial markets.
We are seeking a talented Regional Sales Manager to join our growingteam. This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in theNortheast US.Key Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Account ownership in the Northeast Territory responsible tomeet forecasted business metrics for 6 business sites withinCobham Advanced Electronic Solutions.
- Build relationships at key accounts with a focus on drivingnew business with stakeholders both at customer sites andinternally at the business units.
- Manage and drive manufacturer representatives within theterritory to maximize account coverage with a focus on meetingsales objectives.
- Assist Area sales manager in assessing performance ofmanufactures representatives participating in QBRs and driving amindset oriented towards new designs and sales growth.
- Work closely with FAE’s and factory technical resources todefine key target accounts and setup recurring visits with afocus on new design wins and achieving business metrics.
- Work with Business Area BD Leads, Area Sales Managers andManufacture Reps to maximize the teams overall efficiency andROI for demand creation activity.
- Provide monthly bookings forecasts, opportunity management(business funnel), bookings attack list.
- Provide annual forecast data with a focus on accuracy of orderplacement.
- Maintain SFDC database of opportunities and pursuits with afocus on database integrity.
- Support initiatives such as market wide or customer siteseminars and trainings, technical sales programs and technicalmarketing program with each Business Area Manager.
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time to supportcustomer meetings and onsite company events.
- You must wake up every day with a passion to beat sales goalsnot just meet them. A competitive winning attitude is amust have for this position.
- Ability to manage a large territory with multiple keystakeholders driving towards aggressive sales metrics withminimal supervision.
- +10 Years hands-on industry experience
- Experience with RFMW systems, sub-assemblies and components isrequired (e.g. AESA’s, RFIC’s, IMA’s, MMIC’s, Waveguides, RotaryJoints, connectorized components, cables, etc..).
- Articulate and have the ability to properly represent self andcompany when conducting briefings and presentations.
- Ability to manage critical customer situations and direct theappropriate resources to solve problems so you can move onto newbusiness is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Remain current with latest technologies, trends, and DoDprograms
- Understands contract negotiation process and who to bring infrom factory to get to closure.
- Customer-service oriented with a focus on new programs/designwins.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing a CRM system (SFDC).
- Millimeter Wave experience a plus.
- General digital/analog semiconductor design or salesbackground (uP, uC’, FPGA, ASIC’s, CCA services) a plus.
- Knowledge in Radiation Hardened Space products and/orMilitary/Aerospace domains a plus.
- Experience managing technical support resources and sales repteams.
- Ability to be responsive to emails or calls after hours forcritical, time sensitive situations.
- Energetic, positive attitude, motivated, outgoing,collaborative, dynamic, proactive, hard-working, and drivengo-getter.
- Superior organization and time management skills, includingability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSEE/BSME) or BusinessManagement, an advanced degree is a plus(MSEE/MSME/MBA)
- Teamwork – must be a team player and work well with allmembers of his/her immediate team and cross-companycolleagues.
- Communication – it is critical that the RSM be able to havedirect communications towards meeting the goals of theteam. Must be able to have direct conversations with keysupport stakeholders if they are not meeting expectations thatdrive towards the team’s goals. The ultimate outcome of directcommunication is a more highly functioning, productiveteam.
- Advocacy – this role requires understanding and advocating forthe company’s overall goals and expectations of the team andbeing committed to doing their part in achieving these goals andmetrics.
- Continuous Improvement – must have a ‘growth mind-set’ and beopen to change including seeking out and implementing newprocess improvements
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: Boston, MA