Help individuals in the local community make strides towards positive behavioral change!
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Behavior Specialist in our Residential program at Behavioral Health Network in Northampton, MA! Behavior Specialists conduct functional behavioral assessments through direct observation and structured interviews with individuals, families, and collateral providers. They then develop specific, focused Behavior Support and medication treatment plans. Providing services in home and community settings, they ensure that Behavior Support Plans are implemented to diminish, extinguish, or improve specific identified behaviors using positive behavior supports and adjust these plans as needed. In addition, they train staff on the implementation of Behavior Support and medication treatment plans. They provide critical information to psychiatric providers regarding targeted symptoms by analyzing and presenting objective data at medication reviews. Finally, Behavior Specialists document their observations of the individuals served, reviewing and collating the data weekly, and provide collateral consultation in treatment planning meetings.
Behavior Specialists in the Residential program at BHN have many opportunities for training and growth, including obtaining supervision hours for BCBA certification, becoming a certified QBS Safety-Care trainer, learning to co-facilitate an Interactional Behavior Therapy (IBT) group, as well as having ample opportunity to practice ABA techniques. Outside training/continuing education opportunities (such as attending the annual BABAT conference) are also available.
In the Residential Support Services program at BHN, we provide 24-hour staffed residential services, community day support, individual and family support services, a social club, and an advocacy program. BHN values the individuals we serve in shared living and small group homes. Each person we serve is part of a team that includes family, BHN staff, and other providers who work together to assess the individual’s needs and goals and then create and maintain a plan reflecting strengths, capabilities and desires. Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Behavior Specialists at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA):
- conducting functional behavioral assessments (FBA) of individuals with intellectual disabilities and serious emotional and behavioral disturbances
- selecting interventions and strategies and designing behavior plans that include intensive behaviorally oriented interventions
- evaluating progress based on both qualitative and quantitative data and making adjustments to the behavior plan as needed
- working with caregivers and direct support staff to implement behavior plans using principles of positive behavior supports (PBS) and ABA
- Ability to use basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel for documentation purposes.
- Familiarity with internet, word processing and email systems.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (required).
- Reliable vehicle available for work (required).
- Age 21 or older (required).
- Bachelors in a related field (required).
- Two (2) years experience in the field of behavioral analysis (required).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.bhninc.org and click on “Work Here and Make a Difference” to apply!
Location/Region: Northampton, MA