Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy workplace. We are a global leader in the travel services industry operating two of the most recognized brands in the vehicle rental business. We are a customer-led, service-driven organization that offers an enthusiastic, family-friendly and collaborative work environment where you can expect to be developed, recognized and rewarded for a job well done. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be.
As an Automotive Technician B you will complete standard and basic repairs with minimal technical supervision on a wide variety of vehicle makes and models. You will also perform preventative maintenance activities as needed by the organization. You may also be asked to assist our most experienced technicians with complex repairs.
At Avis Budget Group, we know your success is our success. We will provide you training and guidance as you move forward in your career to include a number of educational ASE certification opportunities and manufacturer training that will develop your skills, keep you current with modern technology, and prepare you for advancement.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Depending on technical expertise, complete repairs including preventative maintenance with minimal technical supervision on a wide variety of vehicle makes and models.
- Complete warranty repairs in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and ensure proper documentation.
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops as well as follow all established safety procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work is completed properly and in accordance with company’s policies as well as manufacturer’s standards.
- Accurately and descriptively complete Repair Orders within electronic time management system.
- Properly maintain necessary equipment and tools.
- Stay current on mechanical bulletins, manuals, and training to maintain up to date knowledge of vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Automotive Fleet Maintenance Manager or shop lead.
Basic Qualifications/Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of automotive experience.
- Minimum 1 ASE certification and the ability to obtain 2 more ASE's within 1 year for continued employment.
- Previous OEM Dealership experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to interpret and understand documented standards and procedures including diagnostics, repair orders, maintenance, and repair manuals.
- Ability to accurately document repairs.
- Must possess all tools required for automotive maintenance and repairs.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- ASE certification reimbursement
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
If you're motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map.
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening is part of our hiring process.
IT'S EXCITING being on the fast track to career success. Get your GO on!
Avis Budget is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.