The following statements are intended to describe the general natureand level of work being performed. They are not intended to beconstrued as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, dutiesand skills required of personnel so classified. Managementretains the discretion to add or change the duties at anytime. Summary
Ensure consistent application and analysis of planning, scheduling,budgeting, forecasting, tracking to include performance analysis andreporting to achieve program, project and or task life cycle successfocusing on Operations and Production; performs analyses andprepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are withinnegotiated, committed and or agreed-upon parameters includingcompany and government cost control guidelines; participates in thepreparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work andperforms and or assists in financial analyses such as fundingprofiles, sales outlook and forecasts, and variance analysis; usescompany tools and processes including SAP, Bid/Proposal andEstimating, Life Cycle Management, Earned Value Management Systems(EVMS) techniques, Sales Forecasting, and others as provided ordirected; supports the planning, execution and management ofprograms and projects that provide the company, management and itscustomers with an early warning system for program, project and taskschedule and cost performance; involves significant interaction withprogram/project managers, finance and contract personnel,technical personnel, including operations, engineering, finance, andexecutive management, and other functional or support organizations.Essential Functions and Duties
- Work directly with Operations Production Managers toestablish, develop, and analyze cost and schedule baselines,Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Program/Project Estimates toComplete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Participates with Operations/Production in the preparation oflabor forecast, budgets and schedules for all contract workand/or collaborate in financial analyses such as fundingprofiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Performs monthly account and program analysis identifyingtrends and proactively working with Program Managers, ProgramFinance staff and Operations to identify negative programfinancial trends.
- Prepare and track program performance to operating plan andinitiate recovery actions when necessary and follow up onlong-term planning.
- Budget and monitors multi-level WBS oriented governmentprojects; collaborate with Program Managers in assessing coststatus.
- Analyzes cost and schedule variances and works as part ofprogram team to recommend cost and schedule recovery strategies.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure thatcontracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters andgovernment cost control guidelines and internal budgets.
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, data integrity checks, andreconciliations required. Must be able to create presentationsfor internal and external reviews and present to seniormanagement.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safetypolicies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Actively support Lean initiatives by attending training whereapplicable, participating in Lean activities (5S, Kaizen,problem solving, error proofing), making suggestions forimprovements and sustaining improvements implemented.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SETteam support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qulifications
- Performs work with minimal direction; uses financial modelinganalytical and problem solving skills while maintaining dataintegrity and accuracy;
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods,techniques and evaluation criteria to address new initiatives.
: (The following qualifications canbe acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/orvocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
Training and Development
- Two- four years’ progressive experience that includes budgetsand schedules for government contracts, government cost control,financial and variance analyses and program coordination;experience in SAP, Bid/Proposal and Estimating, Life CycleManagement, Earned Value Management Systems(EVMS) techniques andSales Forecasting a plus; Bachelor of Arts or Sciencedegree in Business Administration, Engineering or Financeor closely related field, required;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages bytelephone, in person, electronically and in writing; askquestions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability toread and comprehend complex instructions; communicate acrossorganizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpretgeneral business periodicals, professional journals, technicalprocedures or governmental regulations; ability to writeroutine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectivelybefore customers or employees; ability to communicate withquality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others andencourages innovation and possibilities;
- Technical skills: well-developed financial modeling,analytical and problem solving skills; working knowledge ofFederal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting;Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles;
- Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involvingseveral concrete variables in standardized situations; abilityto review and compare data to identify inconsistencies anddetermine priorities;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide inall units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions anddecimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability tocreate and use sophisticated financial modeling;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using aWindows and/or Windows like interface, proficient use ofMicrosoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Pointand Access; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systemssuch as SAP; working knowledge of MS Project software;
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility andadaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability tomaintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactiveand positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and befully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviorsand conversations to what matters most; bring out the best inothers and recognize the value in every person’s contributions;ability to work independently being proactive to resolve workissues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability tocoordinate with other employees and as part of a team;
- Technical Skills
- LEAN Energizing Awareness
- ESD Awareness
- Clean Room Policy and Procedure
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined byITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protectedindividual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to beeligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be aUS Citizen.About Us:
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in thedevelopment, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace anddefense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients andpartners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technologythey need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity andpassion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empoweringculture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plansfor the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer andembraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy ofCobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham willrefrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclosetheir compensation or the compensation of other employees orapplicants.
Location/Region: San Diego, CA