Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional . Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Equipment () to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician III, you will lead technicians on the team in the installation and repair of automated packaging and distribution equipment. You will support the Operations Maintenance team in by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor technicians and contract technicians.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Maintain and troubleshoot all in the building’
- Lead and audit preventative maintenance procedures.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, components, photo-eyes, starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
- Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
- Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Develop training plans for technicians
- Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
school diploma or equivalent
5+ years of experience working with automated conveyors and controls
5+ years of experience with electrical and electronic principles, National Electrical Code (NEC), and industrial electronics
5+ years of experience conducting preventative maintenance
5 + years of experience reading blueprints and schematics
5 + years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls () programs
3+ years of work order
Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical
4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical
Previous leadership experience
Previous vendor experience
Experience with robotic maintenance
Internal ID: 1291271
Location/Region: Paradise Valley, AZ